Wednesday, February 01, 2006

um... is there supposed to be a hole in the ceiling??

So, as many of you know we will be moving sometime this spring or early summer. We've been thinking about where we might want to live, or more importantly, where we can afford to live. Yesterday, after dropping off Mini M. at my sister's house, C.N. and I ventured into the historical district of Pontiac to look at some houses. That area can be insanely quaint and pretty, or slightly frightening. A couple of the houses we looked at were so sweet and loaded with character, while a couple more were not quite right. (to say the least) The first house we looked at had been foreclosed, and you could tell the previous owners weren't thrilled about it. There were random holes in the walls and ceilings, and pieces of broken mirrors glued to the walls. It was really too bad, the house itself was big, had a good sized yard, and could have been beautiful. (If you had lots 'o money to put into it.) Tut tut.

The next house we looked at cracked C.N. and I up. It was an ok little house, but in the basement was a "cage-like" contraption. A whole part of the basement was split off by chicken wire, and on the door of the "cage" were 3 padlocks. Hmmm.... I'm sure it was just for whoever had lived there's dogs, but it still looked a bit strange. The poor real estate lady wouldn't even go in the basements. She had this look on her face like she expected a body or two to be down there. When we were finished, she seemed quite relieved to hop back into her Chrysler Pacifica and use her GPS system to navigate her back to Bloomfield Hills.

Don't get me wrong though, all houses in Pontiac aren't like that. Take a look at this cute little sucker.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Whew. Sounds like a rollicking grand time. I still think the little sucker you linked to is adorable. All those pretty leaded glass windows! (and hopefully no weird cages in the basement (!?)

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Em's world. I am a stay at home/ work at home (when the odd job presents itself) mom. I have the privilege to spend every single day with my sweet/crazy 5 yr. old daughter, Mini M. and my little man, Baby W. who was born May 3rd. I can't forget the best part of my life- my hub. C.N., who happens to be the sweetest, funniest fella alive. We have been married almost 6 years. So that's me and my fam.