Tuesday, March 07, 2006

This and That.

I feel betrayed. I mean, come on- everyone knows being preggers isn't the most delightful thing in the world. (If you think I'm exaggerating, just read Belly Laughs. ) But what about the good things that are supposed to happen while preg.??? huh?? Like thick, quick growing hair, or super healthy finger nails, or my favorite myth... "the pregnancy glow." Where's my friggin glow? The only glowing that happening here is my pee- and that does not count! (Bet you didn't think anyone could talk so much about their pee did you? But when it takes up approximatley 75% of my day, what else do you expect me to talk about?)

Anyway. On to grown up talk. Yesterday, I went to the local department store and bought some products that should help with my "glow" or lack thereof. I was originally going to get a facial, but around here they run anywhere from $75-$95, and the thought of spending that just once made me cringe. So I decided to spend an equally ungodly amount on products that I could use whenever I want. I ended up buying Clinique Turnaround Visible Skin Renewer, (I had this a couple years ago and loved it) and just to make life even more thrilling, Turnaround 15 min. Facial. It was just that- absolutely thrilling. Put a thin layer on and leave it for 15 minutes. After it's dry you rub it off with your fingers and it comes right off with any dead skin that happens to be on your face. Eeeewww! So exciting!

Don't tell C.N.- he wouldn't be mad, he'd just shake his head and tut-tut at the money I spent.

Nap time!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oooo! You got products! You'll have to tell me how they work.

As for the glow? Psssh. I think that myth was made up by hopeful future grandparents.

Anonymous said...

Yippee. Off to check Ebay for the Turnaround crap. I've been thinking about microdermabrasian, but it seems so serious an undertaking, not to mention expensive.

Thanks for the rec, guackie.


IYA

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Em's world. I am a stay at home/ work at home (when the odd job presents itself) mom. I have the privilege to spend every single day with my sweet/crazy 5 yr. old daughter, Mini M. and my little man, Baby W. who was born May 3rd. I can't forget the best part of my life- my hub. C.N., who happens to be the sweetest, funniest fella alive. We have been married almost 6 years. So that's me and my fam.