Friday, March 24, 2006

What a week.

Yesterday morning I awoke to what every mother loves to hear. "MOM! I peed in my bed!" So that was it- 5:45 and my day had begun. Nothing better than starting a day off by picking up pee soaked sheets and bathing a pee soaked child, while half asleep. The night before that I had been up with her because she couldn't stop coughing. And to top it all off last night I kept up with our tradition and spent the night cleaning throw up off ev.ery.thing. Mini M came into our room right around midnight just in time to hurl all over our bed. Poor little person. She spent the rest of the night throwing up every half hour. I ended up sleeping with her on the floor because I didn't want to risk getting a bed messy again.

I think (cross your fingers) that she might be feeling better. Right now she is sleeping on the couch (bless you stain resistant furniture) and it's been almost 2 hours and she's actually held down some water.

Over the past few nights I've gotten something like 6 hours of sleep. (I'm exaggerating- but you know what I mean) Strangely enough though, I'm ok with that. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm cheerfully scrubbing barf off my bed at 2 am, unless the term "cheerful" means using unsavory language under one's breath. I don't know why it is, but even after no sleep and being covered in pee, poop and throw up at all hours of the day, it's still worth it. I would never trade my sweet pooping machine for anything in the world. When she kisses my smack on the lips and leaves behind a trail of slobber, or when out of the blue she says, "Mom thank you sooo much for buying me a bagel, I love you," I know I'm doing the right thing- for me. Being a mom.

3 comments:

E.A.P said...

Sweet post. You know, everything but the bodily fluids and the sleep deprivation. Feel better M and Em!

Steph said...

Oh my... I hope Tiny feels better soon, and you get some rest!

I'm glad to hear that despite the unenjoyable parts, mommying is still well worth it. I suspected as much, and I'm sure it'll be the same with me someday.

Much different from having cats, I'm sure. When Nihao leaps clumsily onto my desk and scatters potted plants and bills everywhere, or pukes on the stairs, riiiight where my bare foot lands as I'm walking down... I'm pretty inclined to trade her in for an extra couch cushion. Not so with a wee person.
xoxo

Emmakirst said...

Awwwwwwww, i hope your little girl is feeling better now. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Take care. :)

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Em's world. I am a stay at home/ work at home (when the odd job presents itself) mom. I have the privilege to spend every single day with my sweet/crazy 5 yr. old daughter, Mini M. and my little man, Baby W. who was born May 3rd. I can't forget the best part of my life- my hub. C.N., who happens to be the sweetest, funniest fella alive. We have been married almost 6 years. So that's me and my fam.