Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend

Sooo... How was your weekend? We had nice 'un. On Saturday C.N. went up to his friend's property to play paintball. He came home proud of the fact that he only had one red, slightly oozing welt to account for. The whole idea of paintball sounds fun to me. Dodging behind trees... trying to sneak up on your enemy- except for- oh yeah... it hurts to play. Especially if you have no idea what you're doing. Which I don't. never mind. Yes. I'll admit it. I'm a wuss. Why put myself through pain/discomfort, if it's not necessary? I guess that's why I've never liked roller coasters or scary movies either.

Sunday was nice. We go to the "slacker service" at our church (12pm) so in the morning we always have time to chill out drink coffee and watch SNL that we recorded from the night before. Did anyone see Cats with lasers? Funny, although nowhere as good as the Chronic(what?)cles of Narnia.

We also did a treasure hunt for Mini M. to find her Easter bunny. Poor little person, when I told her we were going to do a treasure hunt she got all excited and started running around the house, putting things into her backpack and yelling about how we needed to get the bikes out so we could get started on the hunt. I think she thought it was going to be an all day affair. Instead she was treated to my feeble attempts for clues, like: "what does daddy wear on his feet?" Or, "where do we keep things cold?" I guess it didn't really matter that much, because the end result was still a chocolate bunny. (that smelled slightly like plastic) After church, knowing that we were destined for soggy ham and greasy boxed scalloped potatoes at the family get together that afternoon, we made a quick run to Macaroni Grill to fill up on some edible food. (Just as greasy, but gooood greasy.) Then we went to hang with the fam.
That was our weekend. Now, tell me about yours.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Nowhere neeeear as awesome as your weekend. I need one of those little people to make things intersting. :)

I did, however, watch the laser cats skit. "Damn these cats with lasers!!...No...Damn *us*!! Hehehee!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Em's world. I am a stay at home/ work at home (when the odd job presents itself) mom. I have the privilege to spend every single day with my sweet/crazy 5 yr. old daughter, Mini M. and my little man, Baby W. who was born May 3rd. I can't forget the best part of my life- my hub. C.N., who happens to be the sweetest, funniest fella alive. We have been married almost 6 years. So that's me and my fam.