Monday, May 01, 2006

40 weeks and.... nothing.

Humph. So here I am. Today is my due date, and nothing. For the past few months I have been getting weekly emails with pregnancy tips and updates on the baby's development. Today, my newsletter said, "Wow! You've done it! Congratulations on your new baby, now try to get some rest." Gee, thanks for the encouragement, except I haven't given birth yet. Way to make me feel like a freak of nature. Hey, I guess I should be grateful it didn't say how I really feel right now- "Today is your due date, knowing your dysfunctional body, you'll probably be pregnant for another 8 weeks. And, when you finally do go into labor, you'll give birth to a wrinkly, slightly over-baked 14 lb child with all it's teeth." Poo.

Mia had her 4th birthday a little over a week ago. I was going to invite all our and Mia's little friends, but thought it might be a bit too much for me to handle at this point, so we kept it a "small" affair, and just invited CN's family which brought the total head count to over 20. Even though it was a bit overwhelming for me, Mini M had the time of her life- so it was all worth it. I can't believe she's 4. The only letdown for her on her birthday was me telling her she still wasn't old enough to drive a car. For some reason she was fully convinced that once she turned 4 she would be old enough to drive. Ah well... guess life is full of disappointments.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Oh man... Wouldn't it be handy if there was some sort of magic machine that would give you a squeeze like a tube of toothpaste, and the baby would pop out? I need to get inventing.

We're praying for you and hoping Tiny comes out soon.
xoxoxo Ef

Maggie said...

Well, I'm just thinking that the small one has heard about our family through the grapevine and is just scared.

Em said...

hmmmm... that would make sense...

Jennie said...

Em, I'm rooting for you. Come on little baby!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Em's world. I am a stay at home/ work at home (when the odd job presents itself) mom. I have the privilege to spend every single day with my sweet/crazy 5 yr. old daughter, Mini M. and my little man, Baby W. who was born May 3rd. I can't forget the best part of my life- my hub. C.N., who happens to be the sweetest, funniest fella alive. We have been married almost 6 years. So that's me and my fam.