Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A day in which I rejoice... and my wallet weeps.

I remember back, back in the old days... before Sir W. existed... Mini and I made a good errand running team. She could buckle and unbuckle herself into her car seat and was happy to tag along with me anywhere. We could run into a store and out again in no time at all. Since W. came along things have become more complicated. Complicated meaning, I have to lug around his car seat everywhere. I've estimated that W. with his seat weigh in around 25/26 lbs. It really doesn't sound like much, but due to the awkward size and the fact that you mostly hold it with one hand, it makes for quite a workout. So, as a result just "running" in somewhere has become a big deal... until a few days ago.

(cue Hallelujah Chorus) We now have a drive through Starbucks near our house! Before, hopping into get a coffee was way to big of a deal, but not anymore. What is this world coming to?? Drive through coffee? I love it! (Speaking of which... I really need a cup...)

7 comments:

Pat said...

Hello, how are you? Nice blog you have! Keep it up!

Take a look at my site:

Africa Photos

If you like the site you can link to it by clicking “Blog this”

Enjoy!

Steph said...

Hurrah for the overwhelming convenience of it all, but curse them for addicting us to their heavenly beverages. Curse them!

Jane said...

Congratulations, Guack! That would make my day, too. xo

AmberP said...

All I have to say is I am soooooooooo jealous! The closest Starbucks to me is 600 miles... you heard it right, 600 stinkin' miles!!!!! Enjoy a Vente Vanilla Extra Hot Latte for me plleeeassee.

Em said...

Amber... I'm so, so sorry. :)

AmberP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AmberP said...

I suppose I will just live through you vicariously then!!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Em's world. I am a stay at home/ work at home (when the odd job presents itself) mom. I have the privilege to spend every single day with my sweet/crazy 5 yr. old daughter, Mini M. and my little man, Baby W. who was born May 3rd. I can't forget the best part of my life- my hub. C.N., who happens to be the sweetest, funniest fella alive. We have been married almost 6 years. So that's me and my fam.