Friday, October 13, 2006

They call me...

a hunting widow. I used to feel bad for those wives who hubs were crazy hunters and were left alone for weekends during bow season... Now I'm one of them. Nooooo! Anyway, C.N. is gone for the second weekend this month, and I'm trying to think of things to do...by myself...alone. Oh wait! I almost forgot! I'm not alone. I have a insane 4 year old who barely stops talking to breathe and a teething 5 month old, with a cold. Talk about a relaxing weekend. C.N. called me on his way up and said "Make sure you find time to relax, OK?" My response was a snorting sort of chuckle. Oh yes... maybe I'll make some time to go shopping, get a coffee and get my nails done this weekend. (Can you sense my sarcasm?)

I think they need to make a Day Spa Season. All the wives will leave for a few weekends during it, making the hubs spa widowers. How 'bout that!?

3 comments:

Steph said...

Oooh. Spa season sounds like an eeeexcellent plan.

In the mean time, hey--if you need a hand, or even two hands, give me a call, okay?

Jane said...

Hear, hear for spa day! Once I went to a spa in England that had a lemon-scented steam room. Can it have that?

oh, oh. Can it have rainbow icecream and a sootah?

yeah!

Jen said...

I told my mom about your Spa Season and we laughed all the way to Costco. Count me in!

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Em's world. I am a stay at home/ work at home (when the odd job presents itself) mom. I have the privilege to spend every single day with my sweet/crazy 5 yr. old daughter, Mini M. and my little man, Baby W. who was born May 3rd. I can't forget the best part of my life- my hub. C.N., who happens to be the sweetest, funniest fella alive. We have been married almost 6 years. So that's me and my fam.