Thursday, February 08, 2007

Been too long.

When I was a small beastling I love to bake. Bread especially, and I was actually quite good at it. I would go door to door in our neighborhood taking bread orders from all the nice retired people that lived near us. (We lived in Fl. on a golf course.) Since I've had M. and W. I've had a lot less time to bake bread, seeing that the whole process takes 3 or 4 hours. It had been way to long, but yesterday I made a lovely loaf of braided oatmeal honey bread. I have to say, there is nothing quite like a steaming hot piece of fresh bread dripping in butter. I know... I shouldn't have admitted the whole butter thing, but screw it! I love butter! Needless to say we already ate the whole loaf. Maybe it's good that I don't bake as much as I'd like, otherwise we at the Nighty household would be considerably rollier.

5 comments:

E.A.P said...

Sounds lovely. And may I just say that you look SO HOT in your profile pick. I totally have a non-sexual crush on you.

Jennie said...

Ooooo! I loved that bread. I thought you were totally amazing when you baked it for us way back in 7th grade. Ooo its good! Can I get the recipe?

Em said...

Why thank you E! Me getting a decent picture of my self is about as rare as a solar eclipse... write it down in the history books!!

That is one of my fav. bread recipes... I'll email it to you! Do you have a bread maker, or no?

JO said...

No bread maker... I do have a kitchen aid though.

Jane said...

I want that recipe, too, guackie! I remember how serious you were, carrying those loaves door to door.
I think that was around the same time that you were sewing your own clothes! Remember that sassy outfit with the zoo animal pattern?

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Em's world. I am a stay at home/ work at home (when the odd job presents itself) mom. I have the privilege to spend every single day with my sweet/crazy 5 yr. old daughter, Mini M. and my little man, Baby W. who was born May 3rd. I can't forget the best part of my life- my hub. C.N., who happens to be the sweetest, funniest fella alive. We have been married almost 6 years. So that's me and my fam.