Thursday, January 17, 2008

Me: "Hi Mini! How are you? Was school good today?"
M.: "Mom, can we have macaroni and cheese for lunch today?"
Me: "I don't know if we have any, but if we do I'll make some."
M.: (bursting into tears) "I reeeeally need macaroni and cheese Mooooom!" (cue more wailing and gnashing of teeth)
Me: "M! are you OK? That's not something you should cry about. How was school, did you have a good day?"
M.: (still crying) "Not reeeeally good."
Me: "What happened?"
M.: "Mrs. B said we have to sit still and do work and learn things now at school, and that we can't do crafts all day long."
Me: "Welcome to the real world."

1 comment:

Steph said...

Awww, poor Smally! I hope she gets over not being able to do crafts all day. The sitting still part is hard, I imagine!

Man...Actually, I wish I could do crafts all day.

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Em's world. I am a stay at home/ work at home (when the odd job presents itself) mom. I have the privilege to spend every single day with my sweet/crazy 5 yr. old daughter, Mini M. and my little man, Baby W. who was born May 3rd. I can't forget the best part of my life- my hub. C.N., who happens to be the sweetest, funniest fella alive. We have been married almost 6 years. So that's me and my fam.