Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mini M just read her first book yesterday. To celebrate the occasion CN and I took her and Sir W. to Borders. We told her that she could pick whatever book she wanted so she could practice reading more. Not surprisingly she chose this. While we were wandering around I saw this book, and immediately had so many memories of reading it as a child. I remembered every detail of each picture on every page. It's a strange sensation to suddenly see something that you've completely forgotten about until that moment, that immediately brings back so many memories. Has that every happened to you, and if so, what was it that triggered your memories?

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oh how weird!! I just bought "I am a Bunny" the other day after stumbling over it at the bookstore. It's as wonderful as I remembered. :)

Anna said...

This is sort of different, but once when I worked the newspaper, I walked into a Rochester elementary school to do some sort of story. And it smelled EXACTLY the same as I remember my elementary school smelling. It was strange how I recognized the smell, and how it brought back memories...

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Em's world. I am a stay at home/ work at home (when the odd job presents itself) mom. I have the privilege to spend every single day with my sweet/crazy 5 yr. old daughter, Mini M. and my little man, Baby W. who was born May 3rd. I can't forget the best part of my life- my hub. C.N., who happens to be the sweetest, funniest fella alive. We have been married almost 6 years. So that's me and my fam.