Monday, March 24, 2008

My birthday was last week. With life so busy, it seemed like it came out of nowhere. As usual CN made my day wonderful, starting it off with a much needed present- a new Starbucks to go mug, yay! I got lots of calls for my family, which I always love. Thanks sisters!! That evening CN took me out to dinner at my favorite Chinese restaurant. Lettuce wraps, here I come! After dinner we walked around the mall, where CN presented me with some money to go shopping. After all the hecticness of the holidays and moving I hadn't bought anything for a while, so that was a lovely treat.

All in all it was a perfect day, that was topped off when my Mother in law gave me one of her most loved belongings: a pair of 100 year old pie plates that I had always commented on how much I loved. They are well worn and a bit beat up, but I always loved the way they look. I never, ever thought she would give them to anyone, let alone me. I was shocked that she would give me something that meant so much to her. Just makes me even more thankful for having her, and all the other wonderful people in my life. You all you know who you are! xoxox.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Welcome to Em's world. I am a stay at home/ work at home (when the odd job presents itself) mom. I have the privilege to spend every single day with my sweet/crazy 5 yr. old daughter, Mini M. and my little man, Baby W. who was born May 3rd. I can't forget the best part of my life- my hub. C.N., who happens to be the sweetest, funniest fella alive. We have been married almost 6 years. So that's me and my fam.